Friday, February 29, 2008

Keep On Smiling

Well, one paper down, one to go. Yesterday was a strange day. I'm still sick, coughing all the time and really just kind of feeling horribly. I am worried that I may have thrown my back out again. But Rachel is here! And that is exciting. After some struggle finding each other at the train station (note to self, actually plan a concrete meeting place the next time I am meeting someone because "in the station" leaves a lot of room for interpretation), we just came back to my place and hung out, had dinner with my fabulous flatmates and went to bed. We had these plans of going to a party, but by the time we had eaten dinner and everything, it was late, I am sick and it was far away, so we just decided to stay in and bond, heh.

The trip to the Hague the other day was interesting, but didn't quite work out the way I had wanted it to. Didn't get o go to Parliament because of bureaucratic set backs, but I went to the Rembrandt museum and saw the Girl with a Pearl Earring, among some other great paintings. Not really my style (too literal!), but interesting to see all the same. I was sick then, too, so I came home afterward to a WONDERFUL parcel from my mother! I am so excited because now I have peanut butter cups and an oven thermometer! Don't need much in life to be happy.

Anyway, going to Amsterdam today with Rachel (she has never been before), should start getting ready.

-B

No comments: