Friday, May 2, 2008

How time flies...

A week has gone by since my last update and I wonder how that managed to happen! Queen's Day has come and gone. I was sick for Queen's Night, so unfortunately, I missed the festivities but the day itself was a lot of fun. We went to Amsterdam with the rest of the country to try to get the full experience and wow. Just wow. Hundreds of thousands of people crammed into every street, every sidewalk, every store. I haven't seen so many people in one place in years and it was truly a sight to be seen. I think my favorite part of the day was wandering around Vondelpark. We managed to make it there during the day, the sun managed to shine for a little bit and it was neat to see people out, selling their wares. I haven't been to Vondelpark since going with Ben back when I was living in Germany and it remains one of my favorite places in the city.

Outside of the festivities, life continues on as usual. My class is really interesting but difficult. I am finding it more and more difficult to say what I am thinking in an elegant and coherent way, which is frustrating. I hope that spending more time flexing my brain muscles will help but I really need some motivation, heh. Goals for this month? Find housing for when I get home.

-B

No comments: