Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

So things have resolved themselves in the house, at least for the time being. Which is good, I guess, but my head is still in a strange place from having to think about the ramifications of living with people you don't really know. It means that you don't have an idea of what is going on in their heads, nor the poles of their moral compasses. I think that I am far too suspicious of intention to live with people who are not willing or able to be at least slightly transparent or willing to talk about things, to give one another a perspective. Respect is key and I worry that it is often lacking in the world today, at least in the house; at least it isn't a house-wide problem. But I am going to try to not sweat the little stuff and be happy with the things that are going well.

And on to things that are going well. I had a nice long talk with the North American coordinator for my program here and I think I might actually graduate in a timely fashion. I just have to talk to my professor for the class that I am taking this block to ask if she can grade my final project sooner rather than later so everything can get transferred and I can have my degree in hand. So much to think about. Kind of stresses me out for the sake of stressing me out, but things seem to be going well. On the scale of things.

-B

No comments: