Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Few Days Later...

The bruises are starting to turn yellow and I can finally twist from the hip without pain. Note to self - falling off of the bike is not the best plan for later activity. Oh well. I managed to get some good reading done in the meantime. I read the last two books in His Dark Materials in the course of about 36 hours. It has been awhile since a book has trapped me that way and I am really excited to start reading for fun again, heh. I just started reading Women's Studies and Culture: A Feminist Introduction which seems to have promise. It is for the course that I am taking next block, so it is not really fun reading, but it is fascinating (looks at Women's Studies for a whole bunch of different perspectives and then draws connections about the current state of Feminism now versus traditionally).

I am also pretty stoked about the new BSG. I am not going to write about anything here because I don't want to accidentally spoil anyone, but jeebus. Worth the wait, I think.

I also finally saw the movie, The Fountain and anyone who hasn't seen it yet needs to immediately go out and rent it/download it/buy it. I can't remember the last time a movie moved me in the same kind of way. It is devastatingly beautiful and open enough to encourage personal interpretation. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but it destroyed me in a good way. I am still at the point where I can't put into words the emotional rollercoaster that the movie provides. But seriously good. Might be my favorite movie right now.

I wish I had more interesting things to say. I have one more exam before this block is over, running from tomorrow to Thursday (my 23rd birthday, ugh). I am worried about it only because I have no idea if the work I have done up to this point is satisfactory. Oh well, I just have to pass. And I have never failed anything, which is perhaps my biggest problem because I don't know how to deal with even potential failure.

My mind is a strange place to be.

-B

1 comment:

Katty said...

um, worth the wait times infinity.
and we get ANOTHER one on Friday!

Love you.