Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ouch

So today was a day of firsts. I sat my first real exam here in Utrecht. Finished my first class. Had my first bicycle accident. Yeah. So now I am sitting at home, reading the book that I bought to try to help myself forget that I wiped out on my bike in a city (in a country) of people who ride bikes without holding on to the handlebars (a compilation book of His Dark Materials - I just finished reading the Northern Lights two days ago and needed to buy the others in the series anyway, so I had the option to buy each book individually for 15 euros or all three bundled together for 21... so I picked the latter option). I am so coordinated. I mean, I knew it was a matter of time, but damn I am sore. Now I just have pain in my left ankle (the one that hit the ground first), my left knee (which absorbed whatever force of the fall my ankle didn't take on), my entire lower back (from the twisting to try to keep from falling) and my neck (from the twisting). But at least it happened after the exam rather than before.

The exam itself went well, I think. I never really know what professors are looking for, given that I haven't received a whole lot of feedback, but I think I knew the material, I had ideas about how to answer the questions so I figure that is a good thing.

I am so excited for tomorrow. I just read an awesome review of a BSG season four press conference that has managed to get me all riled up for season four - not that I needed much encouragement... which starts TOMORROW. After months and months of waiting, at last, the time is almost here. I had kind of been blocking it out of my mind because until it actually appeared on my harddrive, I didn't really believe that season four was ever going to happen. But it seems like my skepticism is being thrown back in my face and I am ok with that.

I am going to get back to reading fun things, though, and taking some more ibuprofen. Turns out, falling hurts.

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the fall. After the ibuprofen, next thing is get back on.....at least you didn't fall in front of a truck that couldn't stop.

TTFN

Katty said...

yeah so i've been kinda freaking about bsg all week... have you seen the trailers? because OH MY GOD this is going to be fantastic. like, i want to jump up and down happy fantastic.

the fall sucks, but books are fun. and so is bsg.

ps i was talking to mom and she brought up that you fell. why did this come up? because i asked her to dvr tomorrow's ep... and since we're both awesome, we think of the same things. because yeah. YAY!!!