I am tired and sick. The wedding was beautiful on Saturday, but I didn't sleep much afterward and spent all day yesterday in the car, getting back to Kentucky for this exam that I have later today. I canceled my usual Monday morning meeting because I was throwing up bile. It seems to have passed, but it was a pretty uncomfortable few hours and I am slightly afraid to try to eat anything. Oh well.
There is a special place in hell for asshole drivers, I think. While on the trip back yesterday, I got stuck in a terrible traffic jam in southern Indiana. You know, the part of Indiana that has no off-ramps for miles and miles. From the looks of it, two tankers crashed and blocked the whole freeway for about two hours while the clean up crew got there. It took two hours to go four miles. After about an hour and a half, I had gotten close enough to the accident that there were big flashing lights to let people know to get out of the right lane. I was happy that someone let me in, I merged as soon as I could. As did everyone else. Except, once we were past the first flashy lights, some people apparently thought they deserved to get there faster than the rest of us, who were sitting patiently, trying not to overheat. And so they pulled out into the now empty right lane again, only to have to merge once more. Special place in hell. What bastards. Especially because I know that they had to pull over the first time because there was no way to get around the lights without merging.
I was road ragey. I am just happy that this may have been the last time I ever have to make that trip alone. Or one of the last times. I am so ready to be out of here. I am going to miss some of the people, but I am even more excited to return to Ben full time. Break was wonderful, as it always is. Too short, as it always is. Now back to studying and trying not to throw up again.
-B
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment