Monday, March 23, 2009

A long time coming

It has been ages since I wrote in this blog last! As I wrote in my last entry, I am not so great at keeping up with these sorts of things. Life keeps getting in the way.

Lots has changed since I last wrote (and as I am pretty sure only family ever reads this anyway, you all know what has been happening... but I will write about it anyway.) I moved to Kentucky to start graduate school. Made it through my first semester intact. I am now into my second semester and starting to really feel the stress of life bearing down on me. I am still looking for a position for the summer. I have some things that could potentially work as a back up but nothing is paid because of this awful economy. I am not a big fan of all of this uncertainty. But there isn't really anything I can do about it anyway, so I am trying to remain positive.

I am writing now because I am specifically not working on the mountains of stuff that I should be doing instead, like annotations and reading a book that has caused me to nod off three times today already. I am getting frustrated with reading through dissertations, though, because there just aren't as many written about the kinds of things that I am looking for as I thought there would be. I think I have found enough to get by, but it was a struggle. Oh well.

Must get back to reading but I think that I will try to write more in this again. Let's see how long this lasts, heh.

-B

No comments: