Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two days in a row!

Don't expect it to last! I am sitting at the department, sweating like a whore in church. I don't understand Kentucky I think. They know that the weather gets nice earlier in the season. And yet they still don't turn on the air conditioning. Or provide fans. Or do anything other than force students to sit in stiflingly hot classrooms. I spent some time in the computer lab today and it was almost unbearable. It is at least a little cooler here in the Morgan room.

So I am still not writing my annotations. I have the documentation sitting in front of me. My fingers poised over the keys, ready to type something profound. And I just can't do it. I have a mental block. I am really exhausted. Bone tired. I can't figure out why. I had thought maybe it was just allergies but I have been taking Claritin and usually that helps. I am still stuffy and just tired. Had my interview this morning. I don't think I will write anything about it. It is now out of my hands, which is a hard place to be.

I also confess... I checked out Twilight from the library today. On tape. Because goddammit, I am tired of not getting the references that people make to this silly book. I am expecting it to be ridiculous and then I won't be able to claim that I haven't read it yet. Either that or I will fall in love with it, but I don't see that happening.

I am also nervous for getting back the exam that I took last week. I felt confident about it right afterward, but then I started thinking about it and now I am not so sure. Sometimes I wish I could just take a Xanax or something, but alas. Not meant to be.

-B

No comments: