I managed to acquire the new Shpongle album, Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland and I am truly blown away. First some background. I have listening to Shpongle since 2002, when Ben discovered them and introduced them to me. Immediately, Tales of the Inexpressible became a constant in my stereo, on my playlists. I learned about the master behind the music, Simon Posford, and started listening to the rest of what Twisted Records had to offer (Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Ott, etc.). This is music that shaped my emotional development, that was there for me when it seemed that the world held nothing beautiful, that helped to turn me into the person that I am. So, obviously, whenever a new album comes out from such an influential band, there are questions. Will it live up to my insanely high expectations? Will it speak to me in a way that is appropriate for 24 year old me, evolved from 17 year old me?
I am in love with this album. I have been listening to it almost nonstop since its acquisition (it doesn't actually come out for another few weeks but my preorder is in!). It surpassed my expectations, with each song standing alone and fitting into the album as a whole (and the discography). Lovingly crafted and expertly executed. I find myself constantly at a loss for words as I drown in this music and I couldn't be happier. Beautiful album that words can't appropriately describe.
And I ramble, but it's been a long, hard day. Love. That's all I have to offer.
-B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment