In what I am sure will be a slew of blog posts about the holiday tomorrow, I wanted to post a list of things for which I am thankful. Since it has been such a crazy busy semester, it has been really easy to just ignore all of the positive things that are out there and instead focus on the negative. This won't be a comprehensive list, just what comes to be in the moment. ACTIVATE CLICHE MODE!
I am thankful first and foremost for Ben. I got to spend a few days in Madison with him and it reminded me that I am capable of being happy, of looking forward to waking up in the morning, of doing things that aren't school work without devolving into a panicked nightmare of a person. I wouldn't be who I am without him and I can't wait until we get to be in the same place again for longer than a few days at a time.
I am thankful for my awesome family. Even though we don't get to see each other all that often (though we have lots in the past two years, so woot on that), it's great when we can all be in the same place. I wouldn't trade them for the world and I can't believe how lucky I am to have been born to them.
I am thankful for wonderful friends. While in Madison, I got to see some friends that I don't see often and play fun games, chat about things we missed, and enjoy each others' company. We pick up right where we left off the last time I was in town and it is wonderful to have a group of people with whom I am so comfortable.
I am thankful for my Wii. And Super Mario Wii by extension. It is super fun and addicting and will hopefully help keep me sane in the next few weeks.
So these are the obvious ones. I am also really looking forward to dinner tomorrow, to finishing the mountains of schoolwork I have left to do before the end of the semester, to sleeping in tomorrow, to finishing this stage of school. I am working on focusing on one goal at a time and hoping that I can make it through. Coming home was a good idea. I am feeling invigorated and competent. Even though right now I want to play Wii and my dad won't let me use the television.
-B
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment