Friday, March 28, 2008

Accent quiz...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Incidentally, I call soda "soda" because that is what it is called. But interesting all the same. Most people can't place my accent more specifically than the Midwest, but then again, most people don't really think about accents as being anything more than just the way that people speak - different is "weird" and the same means "right".

-B

1 comment:

Katty said...

Evidently I so speak as if I were from St Louis rather than WI, despite my friends' making fun of the way I say the words "home" and "soda". Mish!

Love you!

(PS My results: "The Midland", followed by Philadelphia, the South (???), Inland North, Northeast, Boston, West, North Central)