Wow, yesterday was an adventure. The crowd and I went to Belgium, though it seemed like every force in the universe was against us. First, we didn't leave as early as we wanted. Then, because of the snow, there were no trains to the connecting station. Then there was a 45 minute wait for the connecting train at the connecting station... then another 20. But once we were finally on the last train, things calmed down and we had a great day in Brussels. We went on a city tour and then just wandered around for a bit. And I had the best hot chocolate of my life. By the time we got home, we were all exhausted. I have spent today recovering.
In other news, I got my official offer from WKU and it is better than projected. So that is nice. I need to figure out my life and make commitments and whatnot. At least it gives me something to put energy toward that is more productive than nitpicking about things I can't control.
I have all of these great ideas of things to write when I am out and about and then by the time I get home and in front of the computer, I am at a loss for words. I swear, I am more articulate in real life. I have been spending a lot of time in my head the past few days, mostly because I zone out when people are speaking languages I don't understand. I am getting to the point with Dutch that I can usually figure out what train announcements and stuff are if they are played more than once, which is exciting.
I wish I had more to say. Maybe I should start carrying around a notebook or something like that so I can think of things to write... oh well. Maybe tomorrow.
-B
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bequita - I know that some of the writers who come through here advocate always keeping a small notebook with you to jot down ideas, among many other uses that constant access to pen and paper might encourage. I vote for a little notebook. Just saying.
Love, me
Post a Comment