Thursday, March 20, 2008

One of those days

Raining.

Kind of gray, kind of windy, lots of rain, some snow. And lots of time for thinking. The past few days have been emotionally draining. I got amazing news about grad school and it seems like my future is on its way to coming into focus. Which caused a huge dip in my mood because as excited as I am about how things are going, there is a lot still up in the air. I don't know where I am going to live. I don't know how I am going to manage living in a new place, a tiny town. I am terrified that I have these plans and I think I know what I want to do and I am going to be destroyed if it isn't everything that I want it to be.

Despite all of the thinking, things are alright. Went out dancing last night. Though the music wasn't really my style, it was fun to be out and about. And drinking a bit was a good way to forget about being cold and wet, heh. Enrica's guests got in last night and they seem nice. I was a little worried about the potential language barrier, but I have been reassured that I speak clearly enough to make it not an issue. We are all going out for pancakes tonight because it is one of the few "Dutch" things that any of us can think of.

Time to read and get some work done before heading out.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at a 15 in snow storm so i am not on my way to St. Louis, but will try to get there tomorrow. Katherine is there already