So I have stopped being melodramatic after yesterday morning. The day got better as it continued, I went to Leiden (a city about 40 minutes away) for the day. There, I went to what I think is the best pancake restaurant in the Netherlands. Named Oudt Leyden, they boast the biggest and most delicious pancakes in the country and I don't think that they are exaggerating. I had one with tomatoes, cheese and mushrooms and it was just amazing. I mean, I know that I tend to focus on food more than anything else because it makes life worth living, but seriously. I am so glad in some ways that I don't live in Leiden because I would not be able to resist not going there all the time, despite the hefty price tag. Definitely a must-see for the rest of the visitors that come to see me.
If that wasn't awesome enough, we then went to the Stedelijk Molenmuseum de Valk, and awesome windmill turned into a "museum". I don't know if you can tell by the oh-so-informational website, but it was only a "museum" because, I suspect, someone decided after it stopped being used as a mill, that they still wanted to make money from it, so turning it into a museum and charging an entrance fee was the best option. Because seriously. It was a windmill that had some signs that didn't really line up at all with what was in the room and narrow stairs that were a lawsuit waiting to happen. But it was cool to see the city and it was so bad, it became awesome.
Then came dinner, which didn't sit well and I was in pain for most of the rest of the evening. I haven't been sleeping in part because of living with people who tend to be loud. I was nearly getting to sleep when one of my flatmates got home and was practically shouting in the hallway (either the hallway or in her room with the door open). Then I was woken up again when another flatmate got home and slammed the door shut. There just seems to be a general disrespect running rampant in the house and I am getting more and more frustrated by it as time goes by. I don't know how to address it without being bitchy, so I am just not addressing it. I live alone for a reason. But at least the good is still outweighing the frustrating, so I guess I am coming out on top.
The rest of today will hopefully be spent reading and preparing for the mountains of work that I have coming up in the next week and a half. End of block three means lots of exams that matter to the extent that they matter. So back to the reader before I decide to take another break and end up doing no work at all...
-B
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment